-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

#261: Daemon: The .006-Million-Dollar Mandroid

     Do you know that Spongebob used to be good? Seriously, I've recently managed to stumble upon some clips from the beginning of its run via the world-wide web, and as a baby of 2001, I am totally dumbfounded. Pretty sure I'll be binging seasons 1-3 as part of my animationducation along with Batman: TAS. Man, the Instagrammers were actually right. The '90s were a superior time. Really, though, I should probably get to the character now. So, ladies and gents, I present to you . . . Daemon, the .006-Million-Dollar Mandroid! Ah, 1960-something. A time when the Space Race was a-blazin', and the hippies were frequently a-lazin'. Not a soul was a-lazin' at [Redacted] Labs, however, for the covert government establishment's top noggins were hard at work on something revolutionary. Blueprints were scattered about, and the plan in place dealt with a variety of pieces: a mannequin, a lot of titanium, and a sharp persian blue suit and matching tie, among other things. Putting all this together along with the finishing touch--a computer so high-tech that it wouldn't be on the market for another 20 years--and what they had was . . . *inhales* the 1st ever fully-fancy, functional-to-a-tee, emotive-to-a-point, post-modernish mandroid for espionage escapades! And that mandroid's name . . . was 528885. But to his buddies he was Daemon. With a Self-Sustaining Scorchy Gunfor sticky confrontations, a keyboard built into his ribcage, and a British accent programmed for optimal spy-iness, Daemon the .006-Million-Dollar-Man went forth outwitting sinister Soviets as yesterday's spy of tomorrow . . . today! (Note: sorry if this post was a bit shorter and less JC-Verse-connected than usual. I wanted it to kinda stand as its own little chuckle-worthy entity.)
(Sorry that the chap didn't slap on a smile for the occasion. I did say emotive-to-a-point, mind you.)

4 comments:

  1. I dig it! A lot of well crafted lines on this one, and the hand holding the gun is really appealing. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thanks! :) I hope it's fine that I'm using so much Photoshop on my drawings nowadays. I was hoping I'd have to use less on this one, but my scanner pretty much DESTROYED it in the process of getting it on the computer. How much do you usually use in comparison to hand-drawn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on what I'm doing with it. If it's just to showcase on a blog or something, I usually don't touch it up at all, aside from messing with some contrast settings. :) Otherwise I ink everything digitally these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that's a relief to hear. This whole blog is kinda my professional portfolio, so to speak, so I guess it's all good doing the touch-ups. :) Thanks again, good sir.

    ReplyDelete

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer