-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

DRAWN TOGETHER: DAY OF BOOKINESS

     Today, the Overlords of Children's Graphic Novels ascended from the heavens above and gathered in the Walt Disney Concert Hall to share their infinite knowledge. And I was there. That's right, today I was at Drawn Together! I got to see the authors of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Timmy Failure, Captain Underpants, and Big Nate all in one fantastic day. So, as with all fantastic days, I will present the best moments in fabulous bullet-point format!
  • Getting all the author's autographs. (Never, eBay. NEVER!)
  • Finding out the guy talking about Star Wars I had just eavesdropped on in the row behind me was the author of The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend, Dan Santat!
  • Seeing the reactions of the other authors when they found out Jeff Kinney's favorite movie is Ghost. Be who you want to be, Jeff. Don't let the haters stop you, man.
  • Julie Bowen magically appearing out of nowhere!
  • Getting insight into Dav Pilkey's war with monkeys. It's a long story.
  • My mom finding out the actual pronunciations of Dav Pilkey and Lincoln Peirce.
  • Being heavily inspired.
  • Amassing a bookmark fortune.
My books will be marked for years to come! Years, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer