-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

NICODEMUS AND THE TRUTHHUNTERS (or "The Unexpected Virtue of Troller's Guilt")

     Howdy! Hello! Guten Tag and greetings to all. Sorry to anybody who was hoping that this would be a new character, but I took 5 from all that noise to bring you something a bit different today. Presenting Nicodemus and the Truthhunters! I have a bit of an infatuation with all that "lost media" jazz. I love cartoon and general pop culture, and I have a fierce love/hate dynamic with mysteries and conspiracies of the interwebs. I see this as a nice middle met between the two. So, starting a few months ago, I thought I was gonna be a real Sly Cooper and somehow prank the internet by starting the rumor of a 2002 Cartoon Network show called "Nicodemus and the Truthhunters" that featured the Illuminati, and was scrapped in production due the real Illuminati getting ticked off at the show's portrayal. (Don't judge me. Web theorists believe more absurd things, I can confirm.) Months past by and I finally got around to making a faux-concept poster for the thing and . . . I ended up liking the way it turned out too much to use it simply for chat room tinfoiler fuel. Plus, in the end, I did feel troller's guilt. I didn't want to get poor speculators' hopes up too high over nothing if I actually managed to pull it off. And thus, I've decided to put it to good use on the blog. Hopefully it was worth all this blabbing. PS, just so I don't totally confuse you all, I'm including a summary of the series below the picture. If you have any other questions I don't answer in said summary, feel free to comment and ask!

    Nicodemus, a young resident at the Abadene Family Institute for the Orphans, has always been fascinated with mysteries. Without nearly any information about where he came from, he practically is one. But after he is targeted and left for dead outside the Institute by a pair of menacing strangers, it's the truth that saves him. Nicodemus is rescued by the Truthhunters, a group of investigative adventurers set out to uncover the secrets of the world around us. Made up of the enigmatic Mr. Kratcher, his bright teen daughter Lisa, and Poing, a flying alien and warrior, the team takes a liking to Nic, and decides that whoever those strangers were targeting him, he is best off under their protection. Excited--and a bit frightened--by the possibility of what is to come, Nicodemus joins the Truthhunters as they do their duty taking on odd conspiracies, investigating strange places and getting ever closer to unraveling the biggest mysteries out there. But if they keep digging, could the truth be too frightening to believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer