-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

MAN MAKE MOVING PICTURES! OOGA BOOGA!



     I don't currently have any elaborate posts to compose as of right now, but here's a quick animation I made last night via my Toon Boom Harmony 12 program. I felt like I should probably give you all some proper proof that I'm actually working on animation nowadays, not just lounging around in my Saturday pants and scrollin' the webternet. Ladies and gents, "Round Man Rob Isn't Fond of This Job!"

7 comments:

  1. Great Job! So proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great start! I can't go through it one frame at a time because of the format, so I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but on the squash it flickers, so either you're missing a frame (that is, there's a blank) or you're missing a frame that should be in there. The squash moment needs more than one frame to showcase the impact. Example: In this image, you'd be missing drawing 7 I believe - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9e/6e/b7/9e6eb7502a40f4aa6a40c2986a2e1139.jpg The place where it overlaps 6 is vital to lead the audience's eye. I think that's the issue, but without checking it one frame at a time, I couldn't be sure.

    Also the beautiful thing about animation is you don't need the black comic "movement" lines because you're showing the movement live! :) They distract more than anything else.

    If there's a non-SWF version of this anywhere online and you want me to look at it frame by frame and share some suggestions, let me know. I'm happy to help with whatever I can. :)

    Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I think I fixed it. The problem, if I'm correct, was that I accidentally doubled up on a bunch of frames. Some of them even triple or quadruple. I also left a few blank. So, all in all, it was pretty much a mess. XD This is one of my first clips after all. Would you please watch it again and alert me if it made a difference or not.

      I don't think I have SWF version I can get to you unfortunately. But I'll look into it some more later just in case.

      Also, I decided to keep the action lines. I totally get what you're saying, but to me they just add some special cartooniness to the clip. I won't be using them too much in NightOwl or whatever other things I make down the line, but for this one I'd like to keep them.

      Thanks so much for the help as always. Any other times you spot anything fishy in my animation, please make sure to let me know. :)

      Delete
    2. Definitely looking better! Nice job on the fix. Can't wait to see your next animated clip as well. :)

      Delete

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer