-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

FROM SAN JUAN SOSO WITH LOVE (SOME SPECIAL CONCEPT ART + AN UPDATE)

     I feel quite bad that I did not prepare any animation for this year's Characterfest. It would've been a nice step up from the usual "post a crud-ton of drawings" format. But while I may not have any animation, I do have a little something quite closely linked to it. Now, I was trying to hold back showing you all this for quite a while, but I don't currently have any character posts to concoct for the 'Fest's last hour, so what the hey. Ladies and gents, Mitch Turley, the star of a little show called "NightOwl"!
Not the most flattering snap of the guy, but he's never been too self-conscious about his looks. It should be fine. For those of you have joined recently, NightOwl is an animated series that I am currently working on. That by itself sounds pretty cool, right? Right. The only snag is that it should've been out approximately a bazillion months ago according to my announcement post. As I said at the start of the day, my time management skills are . . . lacking, to say the least. And this little project is one of the best pieces of evidence to back that up. Granted, making a roughly 15-minute-per-episode animated web series all by yourself at the age of 14 isn't exactly a walk in the metaphorical park. But regardless, I have let a lot of time slip away right in front of me, and that is something I'm gonna have to work on. But for now, I am pretty far along. I did have a finished draft for the first episode, but it eventually dawned upon me that said draft kinda sucked, so naturally I decided to scrap it. However, I do have the show pretty much outlined. I'm in the process of hunting down silver age comic books to devour as research for the show's tone (it's probably the comic era most compatable with the idea of a 22-year-old manchild fighting crime in a zip-up owl hoodie), and I'm gonna be starting the actual Episode 1 script pretty dang soon. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how long it takes, how many hours of Toon Boom I have to clock in, because I am committed to bringing the JC-Verse to life on screen, and I aim to do it in the most spectacular way a 14-year-old can. So, stay patient, my grasshoppers. Ol' Jakey McBloggerstein's got this . . .


. . . I think . . .


. . . No, yeah, I've definitely got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer