-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

NOTEWORTHY THINGS

     Time for day #2! Well, technically still day #1, on account of the fact that I published the first day's post after midnight, but . . . you know, semantics. Anywho, since all the king-sized posts are currently scheduled for once I'm liberated from the shackles of schoolwork for three weeks starting Saturday, this one's gonna be pretty brief. But it's an important post nonetheless. Anyone by any chance wondering where the heck I was for the umpteen days after Characterfest? To be fair, it's not exactly a big "egad" moment anymore when I randomly vanish from the blog for a week or two--nothing will ever hold a candle to the Great "Oh Crud, I Haven't Posted in Six Months" Incident of '13--but some sufficiently noteworthy stuff occurred while I was away. Not even counting the Spider-Man Homecoming trailer. Which I'm gonna try not to start ranting about. *puts brain in a chokehold*

NOTEWORTHY THINGS
  • I worked on the stage crew for my school's talent show. My school is basically a public school/homeschool hybrid, and I've done most of my schooling on the latter half of that combo since day one. Now that I'm in high school, I'm finally shedding my unofficial "official school hermit" image and getting familiar with the former half. It's been going pretty dandy so far.
  • I saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Doctor Strange. November was apparently the month of New-York-based sorcerors in blue coats, not that I'm complaining. 1.8 out of 2 thumbs up.
  •  I low-key mastered the skill of efficiently drawing snappily-dresssed older dudes from the torso up in large quantities, as you'll be seeing soon enough. Like I said, the king-sized posts are on their way.
  • I continued un-hermit-izing myself by going to Teen Movie Night at my school last Friday. I got to watch Elf again, which I always consider a plus, given the fact that Buddy is my internal self, externalized.
  • Lastly, this weekend I threw my accomplice/sister/on-hand representative of the fangirl populous Abby (AKA the Mustache Ninja) her Hamilton-themed birthday party. Throwing each other's birthday parties is an age-old tradition betwen the two of us. Our birthdays are 12 days apart, so December is essentially the Annual Housewide Birthday-Planning Championship for us. It would kinda be betraying the basic purpose of the 12 Creationz of Christmas if I left this post without something that qualifies as a creation. So, to fill that void, here are the half-and-half character headshots I made as decorations for the party. All-in-all, I think they turned out pretty snazzy. Enjoy!
    Alexander Hamilton

    Aaron Burr
    Eliza Schuyler
    Angelica Schuyler
    Peggy Schuyler
    John Laurens
    Lafayette
    Hercules Mulligan (with the decidedly slyest grin ever)

    George Washington
    Thomas Jefferson
    James Madison
    A very distraught King George

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer