-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

RIGHTING WRONGS: the TyrannoThesaurus Rex

      Ho ho ho and into the second half of the 12 Creationz of Christmas we go. Apologies that this one got a little delayed. Last night I had to shut off the computer while prepping it so that I could countinue binging Over the Garden Wall for the first time with the ol' mumsy. From now on, the Mustache Ninja and I can freely engage in lively renditions of "Potatoes and Molasses" with Mom in on the loop. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing, now that I think about it, so I'll keep you posted. Now, onto the delayed creation at hand. Devoted passengers of the Primo Blogger-Based Animation Crazy Train of Southern California™  that you see before you will likely find that drawing below awful familiar. Allow me to explain. As I've mentioned before, for as long as I can remember I've been receiving mentorship on my posts from a guy by the name of J.K. Riki. He's an animator working out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and he's offered a ton of help over the years, telling me what he likes about certain drawings and giving me constructive feedback on how to make them better. He even thought I was noteworthy enough to warrant a post on his site, which was amazing. But while I have taken his critiques and done what he's suggested plenty of times, I've managed to let some of them slip through the cracks. The guy's been so kind over the years that I'd feel bad if I just let those critiques be lost to the blogospherical mysts of time . . . time . . . time.  So, after a bazillion years, I'm finally going to start tending to those lost tidbits of feedback and doing what he suggested, starting with character #165: the TyrannoThesaurus Rex! On this one, he thought it would be interesting if I ixnayed the exterior line and made the literate lizard entirely of words, so here you go. Fully realized and rendered to the hilt. Hope you like it, J.K.!
Version 2.0
Version 1.0

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is fantastic! Better than I ever saw it in my mind. Kudos, terrific job! And also if I might say, good on you for going back and revisiting things. If there's one thing I would do differently if I had it all to do over again, it would be revisiting things and making them even better. It is the mark of a great artist, for certain. So you're definitely on the right path there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It always stuck around in my mind as something I should go back to. I might do the same with some of the other drawings you gave me feedback on. I'm very glad you approved, good sir. :)

      Delete

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer