-->

INTRODUCTION

Hiyah, mortals! I'm Jacob, 16-year-old artist and storyteller of sorts who REALLY wants to work in the animation industry one day. The site you see before you is every odd, awesome and in-between thing in my imagination, and I want to share it with you. Go ahead! Grab the snack food of your choosing, sit down and dive into the JC-Verse! Here's hoping you like it.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

#33: Quazen'abians

 Here's my new drawing: Quazen'abians. 1,000 light-years away, give or take a few light-years, one of the most powerful supernovas of the universe collided with another and ripped a whole in the fabric of time. All the planets got pushed through the hole, blending and molding into a complex landscape outside of reality. Eventually, species began to develop and plants started growing and, in almost no time, it became the land of Quazen'abi. And that's where these guys came from! Ruled by their demon overlord, Zoo'oz, they live in a state of tyranny, but that may change. One day, a brave hero may come with a powerful army and slay Zoo'oz, saving the realm. I would, but my mom's Honda can't fly to other worlds and my only army is my sister and my group of nerd compadres whose only weapons are toy lightsabers (Not that I'm complaining, I have the whole collection. From Mace to Maul, I've got it all.).

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jacob! I haven't been by in a while so I thought I'd pop over and see all the new stuff. Congrats on passing last year's milestone of drawings!

    One thing I wanted to suggest when looking at this entry is that many of your other character designs are done in a dynamic "mid-action" way, where you have the character moving in an interesting way instead of just standing upright and still. The last two seem to be more of that "just standing" type of pose, and I think you might find a lot more visual interest if you work to make a dynamic pose for the character, especially warriors like this fellow. I took a break from my animation practice and did just a little sketch for fun if that helps give you an example of what I mean: http://www.fredthemonkey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/bravehero.png (That was just a first attempt, in reality I would try to thumbnail a dozen or more different poses and then pick the best one before I took it to a more finished state.)

    Anyway, keep up the great work! I really enjoy drawing from these awesome character designs you dream up. They've got a lot of appeal and originality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, J.K. Riki.
      I saw your comment and I put him in a more dynamic pose like you said. Thanks! On the Passer & Binn picture where he's standing still, I did draw that one when I was, like, 6 years old. The new one is right below it. -Jacob.

      Delete
  2. Nice change! Definitely more dynamic now. :)

    Can't wait to see more as you make 'em!

    ReplyDelete

Cool Blue Outer Glow Pointer